It took years to attain victory, but the worst travesty against our children appears to be over. The latest fight in the transgender war was won over detransitioning, and justice has finally been served.

Read more The bastardization of social justice

Until recently, the medical profession was frequently caught fraudulently reporting the medical codes for transgender detransitioning treatments. This meant that detransitioners who finally recognized they had been mutilated had little official recourse until now:

The new diagnoses and codes will help provide needed documentation of the harms of transgender procedures and facilitate an avenue of recovery for these young people. The CDC update comes after medical watchdog group Do No Harm helped the CDC establish the codes.

Some people still believe that these acts of transgender medical malpractice should be considered legitimate healthcare. For many years, the medical profession, counselors, teachers, and even parents were convinced that transgenderism existed. Or at least they ignored the overwhelming evidence that it was not a legitimate diagnosis.

An organization that has led the war against these procedures is Do No Harm, founded in 2022 by Dr. Stanley Goldfarb:

Soon after our founding, our mission expanded to protect children from the harms of gender ideology. We advocate for what should be common sense: children should not be subjected to dangerous, life-altering procedures that lack scientific justification.

Dr. Goldfarb explained that medical professionals and other adults with professional credibility told parents these procedures were essential to their children’s safety and well-being. Given the credibility attributed to these professionals, families had no reason to doubt their assertions.

Finally, a momentous lawsuit recognized what happened to these children, helping to legitimize the detransitioning movement:

‘The bottom line is simple: should doctors ignore the medical evidence on gender dysphoria, they will be placing themselves squarely on the losing end of future malpractice lawsuits,’ Dr. Kurt Miceli, chief medical officer at Do No Harm, told the DCNF in a statement.

A New York jury awarded Fox Varian $2 million on Jan. 30 in her medical malpractice lawsuit against the doctors who allowed her double mastectomy at age 16, making her the first detransitioner to win at trial. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) released a statement on Tuesday recommending delaying gender-related surgeries until a patient is at least 19 years of age.

Read more Our society’s Christian foundations are why we value life

These developments ‘delivered a one two blow to this harmful industry and should hasten the unraveling of the manufactured consensus activists have promoted,’ Miceli said.

Perhaps just as important is validating that the symptoms that were labeled as “transgender identity” represented serious mental health issues. Patients often suffered from depression and confusion when they were unhappy with their bodies, and those symptoms were ignored or overlooked.

Sanity might have prevailed if the medical profession hadn’t discovered a gold mine when administering and charging for gender-affirming care:

U.S. hospitals charged nearly $120 million between 2019 and 2023 for sex change procedures on minors, including surgeries, puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones, according to data compiled by Do No Harm.

Finally, the Department of Health and Human Services on these devastating procedures:

When a child is in distress, many parents will go to any length to find help and to relieve the pain. These parents count on America’s pediatric hospitals, medical associations, and federal regulatory agencies to value science over ideology and people over profit when recommending medical procedures. Instead, parents encountered wolves in white lab coats who pushed vulnerable children down a path towards irreversible harm from sex-rejecting procedures.

[snip]

The research and first-hand stories in this report demonstrates potential large-scale fraud, and a critical need for more accountability and rigorous oversight of the medical providers, insurers, advocacy organizations, and government agencies that not only allowed, but often encouraged it. Because of the dangerous combination of ideology and financial incentives, we believe the potential fraud exposed in this report is only the tip of the iceberg.

Many fraudsters contributed to these tragic outcomes. Revising the detransitioning codes moves us in the right direction. We can only hope that, over time, most of these people who performed mutilation procedures and refused to recognize detransitioning will be held accountable for their ignorance and greed.

Read more Facts, Jason Arday, Western civilization, and the Overton window

Image created using AI.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *